Monday, September 8, 2008

Eric's closing remarks... finally...

Well, the time has flown by since we finished our trip, but I have certainly been reflecting on what an amazing experience it was.  There are so many good memories attached to our trip, and little lessons I learned.  I learned more about myself, what my body is capable of; what can be achieved both physically and mentally.  I learned more about communication.  I learned more about friendship.  I learned more about goal setting.  I learned more about kindness and charity.  I grew spiritually.  I learned more about what is important in life.  I grew in physical shape, and felt the rewards of consistent work and exercise.  I am so grateful for everyone that made our trip as perfect as it was.  I am grateful to have a friend as good as Matthew.  I'm grateful that we decided to keep this blog, and that it provided a way for us to communicate our thoughts and feelings with a larger audience than we would have otherwise.  Some people ask if I would do this trip again, and the answer is a resounding yes- providing I had the time and money.  However, this single trip has left an impact on me that will last for the rest of my life.  I'm going to keep living the dream, no matter where life takes me.        

2 comments:

chaela said...

I LOVE ERIC BREWER IN A PURELY ROMANTIC-WANT TO GET MARRIED KIND OF WAY.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're just creating new opportunities for yourself. I mean, the girls are flocking to marry you! Eric, it was great meeting you. This is a great blog, and I hope we get an opportunity to ride together next semester.